We collect personal information from you, which may include your
- contact information
- date of birth, proof of identity, academic information, employment history and references
- immigration status information.
We collect your personal information to:
- answer any questions you have
- process applications from you for scholarships or employment by MIA members
- identify possible applicants that MIA members could employ as halal slaughterers
- assist MIA members engage overseas based halal slaughterers
- distribute trade enquiries to MIA members.
Besides our staff, we may share this information with:
- our members to answer any questions that you have or to process any applications that you have made
- government agencies, such as Ministry of Social Development, Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (including Immigration New Zealand) and Ministry for Primary Industries, to obtain appropriate visas or ensure appropriate visas are in place for MIA members’ applicants and employees, and for legal compliance
- approved halal organisations (as defined in the Animal Products Notice issued by Ministry for Primary Industries) to obtain approval to be a halal slaughterer.
Providing some information is optional. If you choose not to enter your personal information, we may be unable to answer any questions that you have or process any applications that you have made.
You have the right to ask for a copy of any personal information we hold about you, and to ask for it to be corrected if you think it is wrong. If you’d like to ask for a copy of your information, or to have it corrected, please contact us at email@example.com, or 04 473 6465, or PO Box 345, Wellington 6140.
We may update this Privacy Statement from time to time. Any updated statement may apply to previously collected information and will be posted on the MIA website.